Hydraulic design and engineering
KGAL offers comprehensive and specialist knowledge in hydraulic design and engineering and is experienced in technically challenging multi-disciplined projects from concept to completion. We provide an innovative approach to complex multi-disciplined projects with over 30 years’ experience gained on projects in the UK and overseas. We constantly deliver solutions to clients’ complex requirements while focusing on achieving strategic and operational schedules.
Our professional support platform seamlessly integrates with our clients’ specific requirements anywhere from initial concept through to commissioning and hand-over. This enables us to delivery accurate information, system designs and documentation throughout a project’s lifecycle. It's an approach which allows our clients to utilise our flexibility in design and project management and assist in project stages where they are vulnerable and require additional assistance and specialist knowledge.
Our technical specialists, not just in hydraulic engineering, have a collaborative approach to projects and problem solving and always achieve the best possible solution for our clients’ requirements and challenges. We strive for the right combination of quality, economy, innovation and efficiency to provide the best solutions.
Our hydraulic engineering experience has been earned through a “hands on” engagement in all project stages; from the initial design, specification, and procurement through to factory acceptance testing, supervision of site activities and the final site acceptance testing and eventual project hand-over and completion.
KGAL’s hydraulic consultancy can provide the following services:
- Preparation of tender specification and scope of works
- Preparation of system price estimates and budgets
- Site survey / feasibility study
Preliminary engineering / planning
- Preparation of detailed scope of works
- Development of technical specification and design
- Preparation of project programme
- Detailed hydraulic designs
- Electrical engineering
- Systems engineering
- Management of physical designs
- Inspection of and/or preparation of calculations
Execution and construction
- Sub-contractor management of the manufacture and/or construction
- Approval of documentation in-line with clients’ requirements and relevant standards
- Inspection of and / or preparation of operation and maintenance manuals
- Project management
Testing, commissioning and training
- Project completion and hand-over
This list is not definitive and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss the possibility of assisting you with any hydraulic design and project management roles that you might require.
The image shows a KGAL engineer undetaking research work at Imperial Dock, London. On behalf of Arch Henderson we provided a hydraulic system purchase specification for the two mitre lock gates.