Power distribution and grid connection
KGAL can undertake all elements and phases of high voltage system operation, inspection, condition assessment, design, development, project management and site supervision.
We have staff resources with decades of experience in this field including the operational responsibility for the asset owner. This experience includes senior authorised person status for 275 kV systems and power stations with hundreds of megawatts output.
Our experience includes water turbine and tidal flow machinery and also covers:
- Electrical plant up to 275kV associated with sub-stations and power-stations
- Generators, transformers, hydro turbines and mechanical plant
- Switchgear and protection systems
- Control schemes including relays, analogue, digital and PLC systems
- Generator auxiliary systems including excitation and AVR systems
- Variable speed drives in industrial and generation applications
- Grid connection applications