Rising Sector Gates
These gates are mainly used for the control of flows and levels in rivers.
- Quick operation as they move in an arc.
- The entire water load is transferred radially through the arms to the pivots which gives reduced hoist capacity.
- Gives an unobstructed passage for movement of river traffic.
- Torsionally rigid to allow operation from one side.
- A recess is required in the floor for the gate to occupy which could be a problem where there is high silt content.
- Internal confined space for maintenance.
- Curved fabrication requires an assembly jig.